The Hawaii Association of Broadcasters, Inc. Scholarship Details
The Hawaii Association of Broadcasters, Inc. offers annual scholarships, which are available to students pursuing a career in broadcasting in Hawaii.
Scholarship window now open!PURPOSE: The purpose of this scholarship is to assist a full-time college student with the cost of tuition for one year in his or her pursuit of college study. The student must have the career goal of working in the broadcast industry (radio, television) in Hawaii upon graduation. Please note again- this scholarship is for school tuition only. AWARD: Annual scholarships will be awarded to students interested in a broadcast career who are attending or plan to attend an accredited 2-year or 4-year college/university or a recognized broadcast school in the United States.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY.ELIGIBILTY: Applicants must:
- Be a senior in high school or a student currently enrolled in college
- Have at least a 2.75 overall GPA
- Have the stated intention to work in the broadcast industry in Hawaii upon completion of school. If this is not your desire, please do not apply.
- Complete the online application
- A recommendation letter from at least one current or former teacher
- If you have 100% of your tuition covered by grants or other scholarships, do not apply, unless you can re-purpose any or all of the other grant or scholarship money, so that HAB will be covering tuition only.
- An official copy of your most current GPA and/or school transcript of grades
- A statement of goals
P.O. Box 61562
Honolulu, HI 96839
Jamie Hartnett, Executive Director