alternative broadcast inspection program
Next Inspection Cycle 2025
Here is how it works…
- Contact with the HAB by completing and signing an agreement for an inspection and paying the appropriate fee.
Inspections are good for three years and the next program will take place in May-June 2025. Stations with expiring certificates or have otherwise participated in the past will be contacted when the program sign up window is open.
- Upon the execution of the contract, the HAB will notify the FCC that an inspection is pending. It is our understanding that during the program stations who are registered for an inspection will not be subject to a random or “drop-in” visit or inspection by the FCC.
- Your station will be inspected by an independent broadcast engineer, following a specific, FCC approved checklist.
- The inspection will take four to six hours depending on the complexity of your operation – Stand-alone FM, Directional AM or Television Station. Any areas found not in compliance will be brought to your attention at the time of inspection in order for you to repair or fix any outstanding issues required to receive a certificate of completion.
- Shortly after the inspection, your will receive a complete and confidential report detailing findings, including violations and advisories.If your station is in compliance, a Certificate of Compliance will be issued and you will be exempt from random FCC inspections for three years from the date of inspection. Please note, there are certain exceptions such as targeted inspections for safety matters related to towers, inspections responsive to a complaint, and some EEO and Political File matters.If your station was found not to be in compliance, you will need to make the necessary corrections and provide the inspector with proof of correction and compliance. In some instances, a re-inspection may be required. Once everything is as it should be, you will be issued a certificate of compliance. The list of stations that have completed inspection and received certificates will be submitted to the FCC.
If your station is not yet enrolled and you would like to be included, contact Jamie Hartnett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
P.O. Box 61562
Honolulu, HI 96839
Jamie Hartnett, Executive Director